Tuesday, January 30, 2018

P60M CASH-FOR-WORK EARMARKED FOR MAYON ERUPTION EVACUEES-DSWD


LEGAZPI CITY (Jan 30) – At least 20,000 families evacuated in the province of Albay will benefit for the cash-for-work program initiated by the Deparment of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).

DSWD Regional Dir. Arnel Garcia said that he requested P60M funding for approval of DSWD Sec. Emmanuel Leyco intended for the emergency employment program of the agency. He further said that the fund once approved will be downloaded to Local Government Units after signing of a memorandum of agreement for the said intervention.

One representative for each family is qualified for the cash-for-work program that will receive a salary of P290.00 per day for 10-days to augment the needs of the evacuees. He added that DSWD Regional Office will also offer sustainable livelihood program for Mayon evacuees for for sustainance until the eruptive stage is over.

Meanwhile at least P18.7M million in goods had already been distributed  to residents displaced by the on going Mayon Volcano eruption, Garcia said. He assured the public that family food packs will be available for up to 100 days. He called on the evacuees living on the restricted areas to avoid returning back to their place for their own safety. (Mar de la Cruz)

0 comments:

Post a Comment